letra de streets of london - roger whittaker
have you seen the old man in the closed down market,
kicking up the papers with his worn out shoes?
in his eyes you see no pride, hand held loosely by his side
yesterday’s papers telling yesterday’s news
so how can you tell me you’re lonely
and say for you that the sun don’t shine
let me take you by the hand
and lead you through the streets of london
i’ll show you something
to make you change your mind.
have you seen the old girl who walks the streets of london,
dirt in her hair and her clothes in rags?
she’s no time for talking, she just keeps right on walking,
carrying her home in two carrier bags.
in the all night café at a quarter past eleven
same old man is sitting there on his own.
looking at the world over the rim of his teacup,
each tea last an hour, and he wanders home alone.
have you seen the old man outside the seaman’s mission,
memory fading with the metal ribbons that he wears?
in our winter city the rain cries a little pity,
for one more forgotten hero and a world that doesn’t care.
- adam again › letra de deep - adam again
- sassy 009 › letra de maybe in the summer - sassy 009
- barnaby bright › letra de i love you softly - barnaby bright
- matt corman › letra de life dreams - matt corman
- the poodles › letra de father to a son - the poodles
- judy bailey › letra de do it again - judy bailey
- cledus t judd › letra de ____ is funny - cledus t. judd
- tami neilson › letra de beautiful - tami neilson
- the proclaimers › letra de she's brighter - the proclaimers
- c2b › letra de whatever - c2b